Questions for Oral Answer - March 20
Questions for Oral Answer
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements with regard to asset sales?
2. KEVIN HAGUE to the Minister for ACC: Does she consider an independent inquiry into ACC’s management of the incident in which personal information relating to 6,700 claimants was sent to Bronwyn Pullar is needed; if not, why not?
3. PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Finance: How will the Government’s programme for delivering better public services within tight financial constraints contribute to the Government’s economic plan?
4. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Local Government: What recommendations from at least three government reviews of local government since 2006 are yet to be implemented, and if any have not been implemented yet, why not?
5. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Local Government: What steps is the Government taking to address the average national 7% per annum rate increase and the quadrupling of local government debt from $2 billion to $8 billion since the major reforms of 2002?
6. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of State Services: Does he agree that few problems are solved by significant reorganisations – in fact many more tend to be created and it is easy to underestimate the amount of energy and inspiration soaked up by institutional change, as well as the loss of personal and institutional knowledge?
7. TIM MACINDOE to the Minister for Social Development: How will the current welfare reforms support the Government’s better public services programme?
8. ANDREW LITTLE to the Minister for ACC: Will she set up an independent inquiry to reassure all New Zealanders that ACC and its Ministers act with the utmost integrity when in possession of people’s intimate and sensitive information?
9. COLIN KING to the Minister for Economic Development: What actions are the Government taking to drive business growth in New Zealand?
10. HOLLY WALKER to the Minister of Housing: Is he concerned that poor quality and overcrowded housing is contributing to high rates of infectious and respiratory diseases among Māori children?
11. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Associate Minister of Transport: What is the Government doing to raise awareness about upcoming changes to the give way rules?
12. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by all his statements as Minister of Health?