Questions for Oral Answer - May 30
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “efficient water management is a big part of New Zealand’s competitive advantage and our clean and green brand”?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in his Minister of Education?
3. SHANE ARDERN to the Minister of Finance: How will Budget 2012 reduce New Zealand’s longstanding reliance on debt and help keep interest rates lower for longer?
4. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that Whānau Ora is aimed at “families who need significant support”?
5. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: How many children will be lifted out of poverty as a result of Budget 2012?
6. ALFRED NGARO to the Minister for Social Development: How is the Government refocusing the Families Commission?
7. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he agree with the Prime Minister’s statement “If you were really going to go out and buy a country, why wouldn’t you want to buy New Zealand?”; if so, why?
8. HOLLY WALKER to the Minister for Tertiary Education: Does he stand by the Prime Minister’s statement yesterday that the amount a student can borrow for living costs under a student loan each week is “very similar” to the student allowance?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister for Courts: What progress is the Government making on improving the collection of court fines and reparations?
10. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister of Education: When did she inform Cabinet of the 2 FTTE cap on teacher losses and what is the estimated reduction in the savings she has budgeted from class size increases that this policy will have?
11. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for Land Information: What steps has the Government taken in relation to land information to further help the rebuilding of Christchurch?
12. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: When did he first find out about the changes to the tax credit for children, such as paper boys and paper girls?