Questions for Oral Answer - May 31
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in the Minister of Education; if so, why?
2. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Finance: What steps is the Government taking to get the Crown accounts back into surplus?
3. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Did he say Budget 2011 built “a platform for faster growth, more jobs and higher incomes”; and if so, did his forecasts in Budget 2012 show faster growth, more jobs and higher incomes than his Budget 2011 projections?
4. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister of Justice: What steps is she taking to improve access to criminal history information for New Zealand employers?
5. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by her statement that “schools will therefore be given a guarantee that their staffing entitlement will not be reduced by more than two full-time teacher equivalents over the next three years”?
6. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Police: What recent investments has the Government made in new police stations?
7. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Did she ask for, or receive, a list of the schools that would lose or gain more than one teacher as a result of the new ratios, prior to taking the policy to Cabinet for approval; if not, why did she not ask for that list?
8. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: What progress is our public health service making in achieving the Government’s health target of shorter waiting times for cancer treatment?
9. ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Minister of Veterans' Affairs: What progress has been made by the Government to implement the recommendations in the Law Commission report A New Support Scheme for Veterans: A Report on the Review of the War Pensions Act 1954, published on 1 June 2010?
10. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister of Civil Defence: What progress is the Government making on preparing New Zealanders for earthquakes?
11. Dr DAVID CLARK to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement regarding changes to the child tax credit that “if it’s interest on their savings or other means of payment they won’t pay any tax”?
12. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Will New Zealand promote immediate negotiations on a Nuclear Weapons Convention prohibiting their development, production, stockpiling and use?