Questions for Oral Answer - July 26
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making with its multi-billion dollar infrastructure programme?
2. RICHARD PROSSER to the Minister for Land Information: Can the public have confidence that the Overseas Investment Office is taking prompt action in relation to all breaches of the Overseas Investment Act 2005; if so, how?
3. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement regarding migration to Australia “What’s the point of standing in the airport crying about it?”; if so, how many of the 53,763 people that migrated to Australia in the year to June 2012 are from 18 to 30 years of age in number and percentage terms?
4. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Māori Affairs: Ka whakaae a ia ki tā te Kaikōmihana Whanaungata ā-Iwi, a Joris De Bres, i kī rā, “Many Māori children are being denied their basic human rights because of poverty and inadequate public services”?
o Translation: Does he agree with Race Relations Commissioner Joris De Bres that “Many Māori children are being denied their basic human rights because of poverty and inadequate public services”?
5. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Commerce: What steps is the Government taking to help maintain New Zealand’s reputation as a trusted place to do business?
6. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by her statement that “if we are going to make a difference for the families who are struggling, we need to be able to invest in interventions that we know will work”; if so, what are her methods for developing policies that she knows will work?
7. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister for Economic Development: How is the Major Events Development Fund contributing to building New Zealand’s profile overseas?
8. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Immigration: What labour market testing requirements does Immigration New Zealand carry out before approving an employer’s application to bring foreign workers to New Zealand?
9. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Is the $328 million additional cost of the Government’s recent Emissions Trading Scheme proposed amendments consistent with the National Party election pledge that the amendments would be fiscally neutral?
10. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all of his statements on the proposed extension to paid parental leave?
11. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Associate Minister of Transport: What recent changes has the Government made to improve the safety of fishing boats?
12. TRACEY MARTIN to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by all her statements?