Questions for Oral Answer - August 21
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in all of his Ministers; if so, why?
2. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What progress has the Government made in ensuring the stability of New Zealand’s financial system?
3. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Why did he say that the Government was “hamstrung” by the market in relation to asset sales?
4. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Will he recommit the provincial reconstruction team to Bamian province in Afghanistan when the current deployment ends in October; if so, why?
5. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by all of her statements?
6. COLIN KING to the Minister of Science and Innovation: What announcements has he made regarding the Government’s work to boost innovation?
7. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he stand by all his recent statements?
8. Dr JACKIE BLUE to the Minister of Health: What progress can he report on improvements to cancer services?
9. HONE HARAWIRA to the Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: Is the Government holding meetings with iwi over water rights issues before the Waitangi Tribunal reports back on the Māori Council’s water claim on Friday; if so, with which iwi?
10. Peseta SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister for Social Development: How is the Government better supporting young people who are either on a benefit or not engaged in education, training or employment?
11. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Did she send any of her responses to correspondence she received expressing concern about the Government’s plan to increase class sizes to the correspondents’ employers; if so, why?
12. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector: What recent progress has been made on the community-led development scheme?