Questions for Oral Answer - August 28
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government doing to ensure that people are paying their fair share of tax?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Was he correct when he said the gap between the rich and poor “has been reducing”; if not, why not?
3. METIRIA TUREI to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “the most comprehensive study of inequality in New Zealand is Household incomes in New Zealand: Trends in indicators of inequality and hardship”?
4. ALFRED NGARO to the Minister of Justice: What steps is she taking to get tough on child pornography?
5. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by her statement in relation to the report on household incomes released last week that “I tell you what New Zealanders say: ‘Thank goodness for a National Government that has managed its way through it and is now seeing real progress’ ”?
6. MIKE SABIN to the Minister for Social Development: What recent announcements has she made to require those on benefits with work-test obligations to be ready and work available?
7. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Prime Minister: Has he seen the advice from Tower Investments Chief Executive Sam Stubbs that a delay in a float of Mighty River Power until early next year could increase demand for the shares; if so, what harm would be done by delaying the sales while the Treaty partners negotiate a solution to recognise Māori rights and interests in water?
8. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has he received regarding the enrolment into the Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme?
9. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by her statement made in a speech to the New Zealand Educational Institute principals’ conference that “This idea that students have to be labelled as failures is offensive to me”; if so, why?
10. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does he stand by his answer to Oral Question No 10 on 1 August 2012 regarding asset sales and water rights that “it is not to say that it is not expected”?
11. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of State Services: What reports has he received on New Zealanders’ satisfaction with public services?
12. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Why is she proposing to close Salisbury Residential School in Nelson and McKenzie Residential School in Christchurch?
QUESTIONS TO MEMBERS
1. MOANA MACKEY to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: On what date will submissions on the Climate Change Response (Emissions Trading and Other Matters) Amendment Bill close?