Questions for Oral Answer - September 12
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID SHEARER to the Minister of Education: Has she been informed whether the Prime Minister stands by all the statements he and his Ministers have made regarding the Reading Recovery Programme?
2. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement, “The Government wants all young New Zealanders to have the opportunities they need to succeed and reach their full potential”?
3. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government doing to increase jobs and support a productive and competitive economy?
4. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Does he agree with Dr Jan Wright, the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment, that his Government’s changes to the Emissions Trading Scheme “makes a farce of our climate change commitments”; if not, why not?
5. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister for Social Development: How will the Government’s investment approach refocus New Zealand’s welfare system?
6. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Education: What plans does she have to improve the provision of early childhood education?
7. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Science and Innovation: What new investment is the Government making in innovation and high-value manufacturing?
8. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister for ACC: What consultation took place between her and ACC, or between her predecessor and ACC, over ACC becoming a member of the consortium that bid successfully to build New Zealand’s first public-private partnership prison at Wiri?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Corrections: What progress has been made on the new prison to be built at Wiri?
10. GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: What advice has he received on how New Zealand’s Ross Sea Marine Protected Area proposal would have affected the percentage of the toothfish catch landed by New Zealand fishers in the last three years?
11. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Finance: What did he mean when he said that there is a “level of discomfort about the high level of the New Zealand dollar” in answer to Oral Question No 2 yesterday?
12. ANDREW LITTLE to the Minister for ACC: Does she stand by her statement that recent appointments to the board of ACC “underline the Government’s commitment to genuine culture change, and will lead to a more balanced and comprehensive approach to the governance and operation of ACC”?