Questions for Oral Answer - March 26
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in all his Ministers?
2. Peseta SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making in its programme to build a more competitive and productive economy?
3. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
4. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Corrections: What announcements has she made on the introduction of prison performance tables?
5. Hon RUTH DYSON to the Minister of Conservation: What is the total number of staff that will lose their jobs at the Department of Conservation as a result of staff cuts announced today, and how many, if any, of those are “frontline” staff?
6. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: How is the Government’s Social Workers in Schools initiative making a difference for vulnerable children?
7. EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister of Conservation: Can he guarantee that any job cuts announced today will not impact on the Department of Conservation’s ability to protect the conservation estate?
8. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for the Environment: Does she agree with Guy Salmon’s comment that she is a Minister who wants to lower environmental standards?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: What has New Zealand’s income from international education been for the past 12 months?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Trade: Does he believe that a multi-million dollar fraud case involving one of Zespri’s import agents in China has hurt New Zealand’s international trading reputation?
11. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Does she have confidence in the Ministry of Education; if so, why?
12. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: What recent progress has been made towards the settlement of historical Treaty of Waitangi claims?