Questions for Oral Answer - June 26
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
2. PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making to ensure future generations of New Zealanders are not saddled with excessive debt?
3. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “In 2009, New Zealand was rated first on the Transparency International’s ‘Corruption Perception Index’. Out of 180 countries, New Zealand was rated as having the lowest perceived public sector corruption. As a nation, that ranking is something of which we can be very proud”?
4. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Transport: Has he had any reports of an imminent Government U-turn on Auckland’s City Rail Link?
5. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Education: What recent reports has she received on improvements in the retention of students in secondary school?
6. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: What recent reports has he received on affordability of health care for New Zealanders?
7. SIMON O'CONNOR to the Minister of Housing: What initiatives is the Government taking to address housing supply in pressured markets like Auckland and Christchurch?
8. JAN LOGIE to the Minister of Health: Does he agree with the Attorney-General’s advice that the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Amendment Bill (No 2) unjustifiably limits the right to judicial review; if not, why not?
9. NICKY WAGNER to the Associate Minister of Health: What is being done to address the mental health needs of people in Canterbury?
10. CLARE CURRAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement of 11 June 2013 that “I can assure the House that we do not use our partners to circumvent New Zealand laws”?
11. PAUL FOSTER-BELL to the Minister of Civil Defence: What reports has she received on how civil defence managed last week’s extreme weather events across New Zealand?
12. Le'aufa'amulia ASENATI LOLE-TAYLOR to the Prime Minister: Does he still stand by his reported statement that the Prostitution Law Reform Act 2003 “hasn’t actually worked”?