Questions for Oral Answer - November 20
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
2. Hon Dr PITA SHARPLES to the Minister of Labour: What is he doing to improve industry standards and to resource safety inspectors appropriately in order to respond to analysis from the Chief Coroner that the forestry sector has the nation’s highest rate of workplace injury deaths?
3. SIMON O'CONNOR to the Minister of Finance: What recent announcements has the Government made on the next steps in its share offer programme, which is freeing up money to invest in new public assets without having to borrow from overseas lenders?
4. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by all his answers to Oral Question No. 9 yesterday?
5. Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister for Economic Development: How is the Government’s Business Growth Agenda helping to strengthen the New Zealand economy?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in the Minister of Immigration; if so, why?
7. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: How much of the over $1 billion announced for refurbishing Christchurch schools last week will come from money the schools were already due to receive in the form of regular property funding, leaky buildings remediation, and insurance payouts?
8. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister of Corrections: What recent updates has she received on the use of GPS technology to monitor offenders?
9. GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he stand by the Prime Minister’s statement to the New Zealand petroleum industry annual conference that “This Government is very clear, we won’t let cowboys operate here in New Zealand”?
10. MIKE SABIN to the Minister of Housing: What international reports has he received on how housing affordability can be improved and what lessons can New Zealand learn from these experiences?
11. DAVID SHEARER to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he agree with the Prime Minister’s statement with regard to his conversation with the British Prime Minister the Rt Hon David Cameron, about Sri Lanka, that: “I just sort of said to him ‘where do you think it’s all going?’ I mean, like us, I mean I think everybody is now really focused on what’s the next steps going forward”?
12. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Associate Minister of Health: Does the Government support the fluoridation of water supplies?