Questions For Oral Answer October 22
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Deputy Prime Minister: Will he make reducing child poverty a Better Public Service target given the statement in the Speech from the Throne that his Government will continue to “have a focus on poverty, especially child poverty”?
2. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What will be the main features of the Government’s economic plan during this term of Parliament?
3. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: How many times, since November 2008, has he spoken with blogger Cameron Slater on the phone and how many times, if any, has he texted him?
4. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Building and Housing: Does he agree with the statement from the Speech from the Throne that the Government will “have a focus on housing in this Parliamentary term. More special housing areas will be created – and therefore more new housing developed – as a result of Housing Accords signed between the Government and local councils”?
5. ALFRED NGARO to the Minister for Building and Housing: What advice has he received on the monthly rate of new house builds from when this Government was first elected in 2008 and the current rate?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
7. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Why has he changed his pre-election commitment not to deploy New Zealand Special Forces to Iraq to his post-election statement that deployment is “definitely an option”?
8. SIMON O'CONNOR to the Minister of Health: Is he confident that New Zealand is prepared to deal with a case of suspected Ebola?
9. Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister of Education: What recent updates has she received on the progress of the Government’s $359 million Investing in Educational Success initiative?
10. MIKE SABIN to the Minister of Corrections: What announcements has he recently made to help improve safety for frontline corrections officers in our prisons?
11. Dr MEGAN WOODS to the Prime Minister: What are the allegations that led to him establishing the Chisholm inquiry into the allegations regarding Judith Collins and a former Director of the Serious Fraud Office?
12. RON MARK to the Minister of Immigration: Does he have an ideal number of migrants coming to New Zealand; if so, what is that number?