Kaupapa Wairoa leading the way
Tautoko "Kaupapa Wairoa!"
Please Sign, Forward, And Return To Me At mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
As some of you may already know, the people of Wairoa are currently looking to lead the way by becoming the first district in the nation of Aotearoa New Zealand to brand itself with a Maori identity: "KAUPAPA WAIROA!". "Kaupapa" means "All About Wairoa", all there is to know, all there is to learn, all there is to experience. One option for the full brand that has been put forward is "KAUPAPA WAIROA: Think, Discover, Be!".
Certain vocal segments of the Wairoa community, for various reasons, have stated disconcerted opposition to "KAUPAPA WAIROA". It is my belief, however, that the "silent majority" of the people of the Wairoa district support the use of "KAUPAPA WAIROA", or at the very least are neutral and do not oppose it. Therefore I have started this email petition for people to vocalise their support for "KAUPAPA WAIROA".
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE WAIROA DISTRICT TO SIGN THIS PETITION. If you grew up here, or have family/whanau links here, then sign the petition for that reason. If you are a New Zealander (anywhere in the world!) excited at the potential for a part of our country to lead the way and brand themselves with a Maori name (like Te Papa has done so successfully, but not without controversy!), then sign the petition for that reason. If you simply care about THE FUTURE OF INDIGENOUS LANGUAGES, then sign the petition for that reason.
All I am looking for is a sense of the numbers of people who TAUTOKO (SUPPORT) the idea of KAUPAPA WAIROA!, the world's first Maori Tourism Brand! Please add your name to the list below, and forward it on to friends, family and whanau in the district, across the country, and around the world.
NOTE: Could every TENTH person to sign the petition please return a copy BACK TO ME at: mailto:email@example.com
Leo Koziol Nuhaka, Wairoa District, AOTEAROA New Zealand October 16, 2002
SUPPORT KAUPAPA WAIROA COMMUNITY PETITION: TAUTOKO KAUPAPA WAIROA!
1. I generally support the adoption of KAUPAPA WAIROA as the brand identity for Wairoa and district, including Waikaremoana, Tuai, Frasertown, Ruakituri, Te Reinga, Rangiahua, North Clyde, Wairoa township, Waihua, Mohaka, Raupunga, Kotemaori, Iwitea, Whakaki, Tahaenui, Nuhaka, Morere, Opoutama, Mahanga, Mahia Beach, Mahia township, Mahia peninsula, and Oraka; and
2. I support, endorse, and give permission for this petition supporting KAUPAPA WAIROA to be forwarded to the Wairoa Star newspaper for community consideration; and
3. I support, endorse, and give permission for this petition to be forwarded to the Wairoa District Council for consideration and adoption of KAUPAPA WAIROA as the brand identity for Wairoa and district.
NAME / ADDRESS / LOCATION / IWI (IF RELEVANT)
1. Leo Koziol, Postal Agency, Nuhaka, Rakaipaaka/Kahungunu 2. Huia Koziol, Postal Agency, Nuhaka, Rakaipaaka/Kahungunu 3. Leo Koziol Sr., Postal Agency, Nuhaka 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40.
41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49.