Save the Children: Another Ethical Gift For Xmas
12 DECEMBER 2006
On The Twelth Day Of Christmas
Another Ethical Gift For Thee…
There's been a lot of talk about 'ethical' gifts this Christmas, so at Save the Children we thought we'd better make sure people know about our ethical gift options too, John Bowis, Executive Director of Save the Children New Zealand said today when there are 12 days to go until Christmas.
Here are some great ideas to bring Christmas cheer to children in need as well as your friends and family. Buying gifts from Save the Children's shops, mail catalogues or website means you give twice: firstly to your friends/family and secondly to children supported by Save the Children around the world and here in New Zealand. Our shops are run by volunteers so that more funds can go to the children we work with.
We also sell what we call 'virtual gifts' where you buy equipment or support for children in need and at the same time get a card telling the recipient all about how they've contributed to the project by accepting your 'virtual gift'.
Here are our favourite
top 12 gifts for Christmas
(available through our shops or our website)
1. Sudoku Magnetic Travel game
2. School desk for a child in Sudan (virtual gift).
3. Save the Children Christmas Cards
4. Books and toys for a children's centre in southern India (virtual gift).
5. 'Poppies' Stationery Range
6. Training for three caregivers for children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa (virtual gift).
7. Pohutukawa Serviettes
8. Cats in Waiting Kitchen Co-ordinates range
9. Save the Children Christmas Writing paper
10. Party Party Bead Tubes
11. Pukeko Scatter Tray
12. Paua Souvenir Accessories range
Also useful to know:
- Corporate Christmas cards with/without your message: Ph 0800 726 922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - see range on our website.
- List of shop locations is on our website or ph 0800 167168.
- Accessing outsellers in towns where Save the Children doesn't have a shop: info on website or ph 0800 167 168.
- Website: www.savethechildren.org.nz
- You may see a stall about town during Christmas too.
Season's Greetings from Save the Children.