SOLO-NZ: Vote For Yourself
*SOLO-NZ Press Release: Vote For Yourself!** *
*October 30, 2008
*SOLO Spokesman Richard Wiig says he won't be voting for any politicians this election; he'll be voting for himself!
"Many people have nothing good to say about politicians. They feel emotions towards them ranging from anger to despair. Politicians often move me to anger, and occasionally to despair, but when I think about it, what discourages me most is not politicians, but the ignorance of the New Zealand voter. In the last election I voted for no one, because there was no one to vote for. This election I will vote Libertarianz, because they are the only party that will give me the liberty that is rightfully mine; the liberty that is necessary for people to flourish. Libertarianz are the only honest, only moral party on the New Zealand political landscape and they will defend my rights. All the other parties will violate my rights.
"It is most discouraging then, not when some politician or other spouts this or that scheme to save me from myself to make my world complete, for they are nothing without my support. It is those who vote for them in ignorance, thus taking away my liberty through corrupt legislation, that is my enemy. So this election, please spare me from the voter who:
* - Votes for politicians to fix the world, giving no thought to the possibility that politicians messed the world up in the first place.*
* - Votes for politicians to give them more money for their cause, while ignoring that that money is taken from others who must now do without, and who'll hurt for it.*
* - Votes for politicians who'll force me to live by their standards (Green ones, for example) believing that's the way to a better world, without pausing to think that making me and others angry, doesn't lead to a better world.*
* - Votes for politicians because they see a bauble in front of their nose that they like, while ignoring far more significant things just out of view. *
* - Votes for politicians because they like the look of a face with a lovely smile.*
"I could go on and on, but I won't.
"When I was a kid, I thought adults were crazy. Now that I'm an adult, I still think adults are crazy. They say the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting different results. I think that sums up the election process nicely.
"In voting Libertarianz, I won't be voting for politicians. I'll be voting for myself and my right to my own life."