Draft Auckland Plan Invitation
Draft Auckland Plan Invitation
The Mayor’s vision for Auckland is to make it the world’s most liveable city. The Auckland Plan is a 30- to 50-year strategy to deliver this vision and will describe how and when our communities will grow and develop into the future.
The draft Auckland Plan is now open for submissions until 4pm, Tuesday, 25 October 2011 and the Maungakiekie-Tamaki Local Board wants you to have your say on this vitally important document for the region and our area.
The draft Auckland Plan builds on the Auckland Unleashed discussion document. The Maungakiekie-Tamaki Local Board hosted community meetings on Auckland Unleashed in May and now we want to talk with our communities on the draft Auckland Plan, again through a number of community meetings.
We warmly invite you to come to any of these meetings:
• Monday, 26
September, 6 - 8pm, Glen Innes Community Hall, 96 Line
• Thursday, 6 October, 6 - 8pm, Onehunga Community House, 83 Selwyn St
• Friday, 7 October, 12 - 2pm, Maungakiekie-Tamaki Local Board Office, 7-13 Pilkington Road, (next door to Panmure Library)
• Thursday, 13 October, 10am - 12pm, Onehunga Community House, 83 Selwyn St
We will make a very brief presentation on the draft Auckland Plan from a Maungakiekie-Tamaki perspective. We are very interested in hearing about what community members think of the draft Plan so we will be available to take part in small group discussions. We will also explain the very simple process of making a submission.
Making a submission is easy – it’s just like writing a letter! You can:
• post your letter (without a stamp!) to Freepost
237170, Auckland Council, Private Bag 92300, Auckland
• fax 570-3846;
• email firstname.lastname@example.org;
• go online at www.theaucklandplan.govt.nz or go straight to the online submission form here: http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/EN/AboutCouncil/PlansPoliciesPublications/theaucklandplan/Pages/aucklandplanfeedback.aspx (includes a 10-question survey);
• use the submission box at any library, Auckland Council service centre or our Maungakiekie-Tamaki Local Board Office (7-13 Pilkington Road, next to the Panmure Library).
Some quick easy links are:
• The full document (15MB PDF) is here: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/EN/AboutCouncil/PlansPoliciesPublications/theaucklandplan/Documents/theaucklandplandiscussiondocument.pdf
• The summary document in English (2.3MB PDF) is here: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/EN/AboutCouncil/PlansPoliciesPublications/theaucklandplan/Documents/theaucklandplandiscussiondocumentsummary.pdf )
• The summary document also comes in four other languages:
• Chinese (1.3MB PDF): http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/SiteCollectionDocuments/aboutcouncil/planspoliciespublications/theaucklandplan/draftaucklandplansummarychinese.pdf
• Korean (5MB PDF): http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/SiteCollectionDocuments/aboutcouncil/planspoliciespublications/theaucklandplan/draftaucklandplansummarykorean.pdf
• Samoan (1MB PDF): http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/SiteCollectionDocuments/aboutcouncil/planspoliciespublications/theaucklandplan/draftaucklandplansummarysamoan.pdf
• and Tongan (1MB PDF): http://wwwaucklandcouncil.govt.nz/SiteCollectionDocuments/aboutcouncil/planspoliciespublications/theaucklandplan/draftaucklanplansummarytongan.pdf
You can pick up hard copies of the draft Auckland Plan from your local library, Auckland Council service centres or our office. Alternatively, phone the Auckland Council call centre on 09 301 0101 anytime to get one posted out to you.
Auckland Council staff will be available to talk about the draft Auckland Plan and answer questions at a general display at Sylvia Park Shopping Mall on Saturday, 15 October from 10am to 4pm.