National Day of Action Against Rape Culture
National Day of Action Against Rape Culture.
Bust Rape Culture Now are a group of community organisations and members of public who have come together out of concern over the unacceptable handling of the Roast Busters case.
On Saturday November 16th at 2pm we will be marching from Britomart to Myers Park as part of the National Day of Action Against Rape Culture. We are calling on our communities and government to start taking rape seriously and lead initiatives that support our survivors and initiate a culture shift.
• We want rape crisis centres
adequately and sustainably funded.
• We want educational programmes that focus on prevention and awareness.
• We want the police to put measures in place to allow for better support of survivors.
• We want the Law Commission report into pre-trial and trial processes for sexual assault victims to be reinstated immediately.
• We want implementation of recommendations by TOAH-NNest and Wellington Rape Crisis
Roast Busters is not an isolated incident. These demands would help reverse the current public health crisis where one in every four women and one in every eight men in this country are affected by sexual violence, transgender people and people of colour most of all.