Teradata Wins More Accolades
On the back of Gartner group announcing Teradata had maintained its leadership position for the third year running it their annual data warehousing survey, Teradata customers have now scooped the 2002 Best Practice Awards - winning 8 of 15 categories.
TERADATA CUSTOMERS DOMINATE THE DATA WAREHOUSING INSTITUTE PRESTIGIOUS 2002 BEST PRACTICES AWARDS
DAYTON, Ohio - Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), announced that its customers dominated The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) awards competition by taking eight of the 15 prestigious 2002 Best Practices Awards. The awards are presented annually to companies demonstrating innovative practices in real-world data warehouse implementations.
These Teradata customers
were winners in the following categories:
* Travelocity - CRM
* Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad - Business Performance Management
* Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad - Real-time Analytics
* 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing) - Integrating Data Marts & Data Warehouses
* Nationwide Insurance - Web Analytics
* Nationwide Insurance - Data Stewardship & Data Quality
* Harrah powerful reporting and analytical capabilities have played an integral role in the success of Harrahs business performance management solutions are helping Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad improve performance and drive profitability.
According to TDWI, the winners clearly demonstrated that their data warehouse and business intelligence projects were truly innovative solutions to problems commonly faced by data warehousing practitioners, and were practices that could be followed by others. The judges examined six key criteria to determine the winners in each category: impact, relevance, innovation, alignment, maturity and bang for the buck.
Nominations were judged by a panel of experts, including practitioners, consultants, industry analysts, journalists, Journal of Data Warehousing editors, Institute Fellows and TDWI management. For additional information, go to www.dw-institute.com