2005 Visionary Living Show Boasts Expert Lineup
11 October 2005
2005 Visionary Living Show Boasts Expert Lineup of International and Local Speakers and Three Days of Entertainment
It's innovative, it's thought-provoking and it promises to be highly entertaining and educational - New Zealand's newest and most unique event returns to the Auckland Showgrounds from 14-16 October.
Now in its second year, the Visionary Living Show is all about exploring human potential and creating balanced lifestyles and healthy minds and bodies - issues which are becoming the most important trends of the 21st century.
Event organiser Dona White says the 2005 show has attracted well over 120 exhibitors showcasing a wide range of products and services across the mind, body, soul and world, or environmental, categories.
"The Visionary Living Show reflects the growing interest worldwide, and in New Zealand, in actively pursuing ways of leading more natural, healthy lifestyles. The global 'wellness' revolution has moved from the individual and community organisations to the way people do business, and respect for holistic values and the protection of environmental resources has gone mainstream.
"Companies that recognise this growth market, and develop their own business to meet the needs of it, are much more likely to prosper," adds Ms White.
With plenty of entertainment, exhibitor demonstrations, free consultations and show giveaways, there will be something for everyone to enjoy, learn, and benefit from over the three-day forum.
In addition to the exhibitor displays and workshops, the Visionary Living Show offers a comprehensive seminar programme with interesting and controversial discussions lead by high profile international and local speakers. Topics range from the secrets of living a longer, healthier life and helping prevent diseases such as cancer, to Feng Shui and communicating with spirits.
The show is open from 10am to 6pm daily from Friday 14 to Sunday 16 October at the Auckland Showgrounds. The admission price is $15 for adults, $10 for children under 12 and free for under 5s.
Derek Acorah - The UK's number one TV psychic, appearing regularly on LIVINGtv's hugely successful Most Haunted, as well as Celebrity Most Haunted and Psychic Live. Derek will talk about experiences with the spirit world, from his one-to-one readings and consultations to his international performances and renowned TV investigations.
* Dr Elisabet Sahtouris - Evolution biologist, futurist, author, consultant on Living System Designs, and an internationally renowned speaker and media personality. Elisabet's most urgent topic is urban sustainability based on natural systems. At the show she will be speak on "Nature's Secrets of Sustainability", and will also participate in a panel discussion titled "What Now for Planet Earth? Crisis or Opportunity?"
* Gloria Keeling - Charismatic author, lecturer, pioneer in the field of mind/body health and fitness, and one of the first women in the US to teach weight-training. Gloria is the founder of the Mind-Body Fitness Training Institute in Maui, Hawaii.
She has been changing people's lives since the 1970s, when she began pulling together aerobics, weights, yoga, tai chi and meditation into one fabulous workout called "Strong, Stretched and Centered", the most comprehensive mind-body fitness training for career instructors in the world. At the Visionary Living Show, Gloria will be speaking on the topic "Keeping Each Other Young", where she focuses on wellbeing not being a solitary endeavour - through family and community people can enhance each other's health, fitness and life attitudes.
* Leslie Kenton - A well-known American lecturer and writer who now lives in New Zealand. Leslie's main interest is in health, and supplying people with the information, techniques and tools that will enable them to connect up that inner part of their being - their true nature or soul - with their personality so that the inner and the outer become authentic reflections of each other. Her seminar at the 2005 show is on the topic Health and Wholeness; the process of becoming who you are.
* Ruth Makuini Tai - Facilitator, 'infopreneur', wisdom carrier and writer, Ruth is an engaging and inspiring speaker who boldly explores the realms of the sacred to demystify universal truths. She has breathed the wisdom of her elders from the time of her conception, and will speak at the Visionary Living Show on "Intuitive Intelligence and the Path of Aroha".
Since leaving her profession as a teacher and lecturer in 1990, Ruth has been on a journey that required her to explore the realms of human potential through quantum physics, whole brain learning, sacred psychology, the science of Reiki, spiritual commerce, spiritual ecology, and ancient wisdom teachings of other indigenous people.
She now knows that these teachings are the same as those expressed by her elders from the beginning. Through books, songs, experiential workshops, and mentor services, Ruth proclaims the magnificent potential that is gifted to each person - revealed only when we are ready to open our hearts.
* Dr Gerald Louis - A cardiologist from Usana Health Science and Centre for Advanced Medicine. Gerald will be discussing what people can do to help prevent cancer as well as coronary heart disease.
* Professor Lloyd Geering - Controversial author, Emeritus Professor of Victoria University, and a profoundly illuminating speaker on social and religious issues. He will discuss his thoughts on how human spirituality (and religion) originated in the veneration of nature (Mother Earth) and the kind of spirituality needed to meet today's growing ecological crisis.
* Reinhard Kanuka-Fuchs - Architect, author, lecturer, and founder of New Zealand's Bioharmonic architecture, Reinhard will inspire visitors to the show with practical wisdom about building harmony into our living space: "Healthy Home and Healthy Office." Since 1990, Reinhard and his Building Biology Institute have successfully taught thousands of people how to detect and remedy sick buildings and consequently improve their wellbeing, while creating an eco-friendly home. Reinhard will also join Sunday's panel discussion on "What Now for Planet Earth?"
* Lindsey Dawson - Well-known nationally as an editor, columnist, radio commentator and author, Lindsey will share valuable insights from her most recent research into Buddhist thought for her latest book. As a keynote speaker, she combines high energy with deep reflection and wise humour.