Ultra-portable Vostro V13 Small-Business Laptop
Ultra-portable Dell Vostro V13 Small-Business Laptop Lightens the Load of Business Travellers this Holiday Season
ROUND ROCK, TX and Auckland, New Zealand, Dec. 8, 2009 – Focused on bringing value through innovative IT products, Dell announced its next “must have” mobile entrepreneurs’ business accessory, the 13.3-inch Vostro V13. The latest addition to its small-business line of Vostro laptops, the Vostro V13 is conveniently-sized but packed with laptop power and efficiency.
Starting at NZ$1,299.00 with Core 2 processor, the V13 combines premium design and worry-free security. The V13, like the entire Vostro line, is backed by dedicated and specially trained small-business sales and support experts, and features a suite of customisable service and support solutions designed specifically for small business.
“Not long ago, business travellers like me had to choose mobility and affordability at the expense of performance. That’s no longer the case with the V13,” said Sam Burd, global vice president, Dell Small and Medium Business. “This 13-inch small business laptop is in a category all its own as entrepreneurs now have quality performance, battery life and security combined with a thin and lightweight design sturdy enough for today’s business.”
exclusively for small-business frequent travellers, the
Vostro V13 is:
• As thin as 16.5mm and starts at 1.59kg2;
• Equipped with ultra-low-voltage Intel® (ULV) processors to manage energy efficiency, while providing ample power for everyday computing; and
• Encased in high-quality brushed aluminum with reinforced zinc hinges ready for rough handling.
with processors in the ULV class compare favourably with
netbooks,” said Roger Kay, founder and president of
Endpoint Technologies Associates. “The value proposition
for small business travellers is simple: for slightly more
money, you get all the portability you want but a lot better
Vostro V13: Business Traveller Benefits
The Vostro V13 offers the productivity that small businesses expect from the Vostro line of laptops which are equipped with the right features to complete on-the-go business tasks so small businesses can save time and money.
• Stay in Touch: With the integrated webcam and microphone3, users can make Internet calls, conduct video conferences and remotely exchange files to help increase productivity.
• Always Be Connected: Users can go wireless with a full range of connectivity options: 802.11g/n wireless LAN, and Bluetooth.
• Memory to Spare: Run Windows® 7 effortlessly while performing everyday tasks quickly with support for up to 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory5.
• Protect Your Work: Keep data under lock and key with optional full-data-encrypted hard drives.
• “Set & Forget” Online Data Protection: Easy, secure and automated Dell DataSafe online backup protects and helps recover business-critical data.
• ProSupport to Simplify IT: Businesses can choose their own level of 24x7 IT support with optional Dell ProSupport™ services.
Available worldwide today, visit www.dell.co.nz/vostro for additional information.
As the visionary outcome of a true entrepreneur, Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) is committed to helping small and medium businesses solve their technology challenges, ease business pain points and draw greater value from IT. Honoured for technology deployment by the 2009 IDC SMB Excellence Awards, Dell is here to support entrepreneurs every step of the way with ProManage-Managed Services, Optiplex desktops, Latitude laptops, the designed-for-small business Vostro line, energy-efficient PowerEdge servers and Small and Medium Business Solutions Centre.
with a 6-cell battery. Weights vary depending on
configuration and manufacturing variability.
3Not available in all regions. Dell Video Chat may not work in certain countries due to country specific regulatory restriction and/or certain service providers’ network architectural constraints.
4Subject to wireless provider’s broadband subscription and coverage area; additional charges apply. Accessibility to company networks may be affected by firewalls or other privacy measures.
5 Graphics and System Memory: Significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on
system memory size and other factors.
6 Limited Hardware Warranty: For a copy of limited warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attention Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or visit www.dell.com/warranty.
7DellConnect is not used for all incidents. Internet connection required. Go online for details at www.dell.com/dellconnect.
Vostro, Datasafe, DellConnect and ProSupport are trademarks
of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Pricing may change without notice.