Cablegate: Colombo Eac Meeting April 4, 2003
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
040738Z Apr 03
UNCLAS COLOMBO 000583
DEPT FOR DS/IP/SA, DS/DSS/ITA, DSERCC AND SA/INS
E.O. 12958: DECL: N/A
TAGS: ASEC AEMR PTER CASC CE
SUBJECT: COLOMBO EAC MEETING APRIL 4, 2003
Ref: (A) State 079964 (B) Colombo 00582 (NOTAL)
1. (SBU) On April 4, 2003 Colombo Emergency Action
Committee (EAC) met to discuss the local security situation.
The DCM chaired the EAC.
2. (SBU) No members of the EAC reported significant
problems with the police deployment at all residences. The
EAC decided to continue the request for assistance. The LAV
shuttle and the Ambassador's Police Special Task Force
protective detail will also remain in force at least until
the EAC reconvenes.
3. (SBU) RSO briefed the EAC on information reported in
reftel A. No further dissemination of the information was
4. (SBU) RSO briefed the EAC about the possible
surveillance of a Mission residence as reported in reftel
5. (SBU) The EAC discussed scheduled travel to Jaffna by a
small POL section team and decided to postpone the trip
until possibly later in the month.
6. (SBU) The EAC agreed to meet again on Tuesday April 8.