Cablegate: Thailand: Embassy/State Department Human Rights
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
UNCLAS BANGKOK 001541
STATE FOR EAP/BCLTV, L/PM, PM/ISO, INR AND DRL
PACOM FOR FPA HUSO
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MASS PREL PHUM TH HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING
SUBJECT: THAILAND: EMBASSY/STATE DEPARTMENT HUMAN RIGHTS
VETTING FOR: LT. NAWEE LUTAIVATUNYOU
REF: A. JUSMAG/THAI MEMO OF 29 JANUARY 2005
B. STATE 021314 - GUIDANCE
C. 03 STATE 34981 - GUIDANCE
1. (U) This is an action request for human rights
verification required by the Leahy Amendment; see para. 2.
2. (SBU) JUSMAGTHAI has requested that the Embassy/State
Department complete human rights vetting for the individual
listed below who has been selected to attend the following
courses. Embassy Bangkok possesses no credible information
of gross violations of human rights by this individual.
Embassy Bangkok Political Counselor, Robert J. Clarke, is the
verifying officer for the Embassy/Department of State.
Lt. Nawee LUTAIVATUNYOU, H.T.M.S. Naresuan 2nd. Frigate
Squadron, Royal Thai Fleet
1. WCN: 2358B - Electronic Warfare Officer - Norfolk
Detachment, VA from 9 Apr 05 -
22 Apr 05.
2. WCN: 2358C - Damage Control Repair Party Leader -
Norfolk Detachment, VA from
7 May 05 - 20 May 05
3. WCN: 2358D - Fire Fighting Advance - Norfolk Detachment,
VA from 5 Jun 05 -
9 Jun 05.
4. WCN: 2358E - International Combat Information Center
Watch Officer - Surface Warfare School, Newport, RI from 8
Sep 05 - 30 Sep 05.