Cablegate: Thailand: Embassy/State Department Human Rights
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
UNCLAS BANGKOK 001542
STATE FOR EAP/BCLTV, L/PM, PM/ISO, INR AND DRL
PACOM FOR FPA HUSO
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MASS PREL PHUM TH HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING
SUBJECT: THAILAND: EMBASSY/STATE DEPARTMENT HUMAN RIGHTS
VETTING FOR: LT. PHATSMITH NIMRUANG
REF: A. JUSMAG/THAI MEMO OF 12 JAN 2005
B. STATE 021314 - GUIDANCE
C. 03 STATE 34981 - GUIDANCE
1. (U) This is an action request for human rights
verification required by the Leahy Amendment; see para. 2.
2. (SBU) JUSMAGTHAI has requested that the Embassy/State
Department complete human rights vetting for the individual
listed below who has been selected to attend the following
courses. Embassy Bangkok possesses no credible information
of gross violations of human rights by this individual.
Embassy Bangkok Political Counselor, Robert J. Clarke, is the
verifying officer for the Embassy/Department of State.
Lt. Phatsmith NIMRUANG, H.T.M.S. Chakri-Naruebet
1. WCN: 6340A P177008 - Spec Eng Lang Trng (SET) - Defense
Language Institute at Lackland AFB, Texas from 10 Mar 2005 -
15 May 2005.
2. WCN: 6340C P166313 - Instructor Training (AEC) -
Technical Communication Corps School in Concord, MA from 21
May 2005 - 15 Jun 2005.
3. WCN: 6340D P127006 - Firefighting Genl Shpbd - Technical
Communication Corps School in Concord, MA from 19 Jun 2005 -
20 Jun 2005.
4. WCN: 6340E 129181 - Firefighting ADV S/B - Technical
Communication Corps School in Concord, MA from 26 Jun to 30
5. WCN: 6340F P127028 - Firefighting Shpbd Aircraft -
Technical Communication Corps School in Concord, MA from 3
Jul 2005 - 5 Jul 2005.
6. WCN: 6340B P129401 - Helo Operations Indoc - HC 3 San
Diego at San Diego, CA from 9 Jul 2005 - 15 Jul 2005.
7. WCN: 6340G P129400 - Landing Signalman Enl at HC 3 San
Diego at San Diego, CA from 17 Jul 2005 - 22 Jul 2005.