Cablegate: Thailand: Embassy/State Department Human Rights
This record is a partial extract of the original cable. The full text of the original cable is not available.
UNCLAS BANGKOK 002492
STATE FOR EAP/BCLTV, L/PM, PM/ISO, INR AND DRL
PACOM FOR FPA HUSO
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MASS PREL PHUM TH HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING
SUBJECT: THAILAND: EMBASSY/STATE DEPARTMENT HUMAN RIGHTS
VETTING FOR: LCDR. PONGSAK TONGSAI
REF: A. JUSMAG/THAI MEMO OF MARCH 2005
B. STATE 021314 - GUIDANCE
C. 03 STATE 34981 - GUIDANCE
1. (U) This is an action request for human rights
verification required by the Leahy Amendment; see para. 2.
2. (U) JUSMAGTHAI has requested that the Embassy/State
Department complete human rights vetting for LCdr. Pongsak
TONGSAI, Marines Division, Royal Thai Navy who has been
selected to attend the Courses listed below. Embassy Bangkok
possesses no credible information of gross violations of
human rights by this individual. Embassy Bangkok Political
Counselor, Robert J. Clarke, is the verifying officer for the
Embassy/Department of State.
1. WCN 1580@ - Spec. Eng. Lang. Training (GET) in Texas from
May 16 to July 15, 2005.
2. WCN 1580A - Expeditionary Warfare in Virginia from July
25, 2005 - May 12, 2006.
3. WCN 1580B - OBS Marine Corps - no location and dates