Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Acota Training
DE RUEHLGB #0681 2120632
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 310632Z JUL 07
FM AMEMBASSY KIGALI
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 4460
INFO RUEKJCS/SECDEF WASHINGTON DC
UNCLAS KIGALI 000681
DEPT FOR AF/E, DRL/PHD, PM/RSAT AND L/PM
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MARR MASS PHUM PREL RW
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR ACOTA TRAINING
1. (U) This is an action request, see paragraph 2.
2. (SBU) Per Leahy Amendment human rights vetting
requirements, please screen the following Rwandan Defense
Force (RDF) commander scheduled to receive staff training
(CPX) as part of ACOTA Peace Support Training.
Last Name First Name Rank DOB Training Date
--------- ---------- ---- --- -------------
Ngoga Alexis Kayumba Lt. Col. 6 Feb 67 06 August
3. (SBU) Please also screen the 35th Infantry Battalion of
the 301st Infantry Brigade as a unit, for training from 06
August to 21 September 07.
4. (SBU) Post has discovered no derogatory information on the
nominees from its own files or reputable sources.
5. (U) The RDF, using its own resources, commenced training
on 23 July 07. ACOTA funds would support MPRI oversight of
RDF training as well as direct staff training scheduled to
begin on 06 August 07.
6. (U) Post point of contact is PolOff Jennifer Orrico.