Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Acota Training
DE RUEHLGB #0859 2711128
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 281128Z SEP 07
FM AMEMBASSY KIGALI
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 4668
INFO RUEKJCS/SECDEF WASHINGTON DC
UNCLAS KIGALI 000859
DEPT FOR AF/E, DRL/PHD, PM/RSAT AND L/PM
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MARR MASS PREL RW
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR ACOTA TRAINING
1. (U) This is an action request, see paragraph 2.
2. (SBU) Per Leahy Amendment human rights vetting
requirements, please screen the following Rwandan Defense
Force (RDF) commander scheduled to receive ACOTA Peace
Last Name First Name Rank DOB
--------- ---------- ---- ---
NYEMAZI Paul Lt. Col. 01/21/1966
Dates of training: 10/08/2007 to 11/09/2007
3. (SBU) Please also screen the 25th Infantry Battalion as a
unit, for training from 10/08/2007 to 11/09/2007.
4. (SBU) Post has discovered no derogatory information on
the nominees from its own files or reputable sources.
5. (U) Post point of contact is PolOff Jennifer Orrico.