Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Acota Training
DE RUEHLGB #1130 3521553
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 181553Z DEC 07
FM AMEMBASSY KIGALI
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 4983
INFO RUEKJCS/SECDEF WASHINGTON DC
UNCLAS KIGALI 001130
DEPT FOR AF/E, DRL/PHD, PM/RSAT AND L/PM
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: MARR MASS PREL RW
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR ACOTA TRAINING
1. (U) This is an action request, see paragraph 2.
2. (SBU) Per Leahy Amendment human rights vetting
requirements, please screen the following Rwandan Defense
Force (RDF) commander scheduled to receive ACOTA Peace
Last Name First Name Rank DOB
--------- ---------- ---- ---
MPAKA Tom Lt. Col. 1963
Dates of training: 01/07/08 to 02/01/08.
3. (SBU) Please also screen the 9th Infantry Battalion as a
unit, for training from 01/07/08 to 02/01/08.
4. (SBU) Post has discovered no derogatory information on
the nominees from its own files or reputable sources.
5. (U) Post point of contact is PolOff Jennifer Orrico.