Cablegate: Amemb Sanaa 9/21 Daily Sitrep
P 210809Z SEP 08
FM AMEMBASSY SANAA
TO SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 0336
UNCLAS SANAA 001563
OP CENTER, NEA/FO, NEA/ARP, M, AND NEA/SCA/EX
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: ASEC PTER YM
SUBJECT: AMEMB SANAA 9/21 DAILY SITREP
1. Security: On 9/20 we moved several personnel out of
potentially vulnerable residences. In addition, we are
coordinating with host nation security forces to increase
security at our cluster housing locations. Septel to follow.
Post One's security equipment upgrade should be completed by
the end of the day. Work continues on a alternate screening
location to process both LES (who will return to work on
Tuesday 9/23) and consular appointments.
2. Consular: Due to our current inability to use the regular
pedestrian access gate, the Consular Section currently is
able to provide services only to approximately twenty
individuals per day, with priority given to American Citizen
3. Media: International media requests have tapered off. PD
is continuing to follow the issues and respond to requests
from the local media.
4. TDY Assistance: A TDY ARSO arrives from Muscat today at
16h00 from Muscat.
5. Attack Victims: A ROYG soldier injured in the attack died
last night. LegAtt obtained permission from the ROYG to
document the cause of death of Amcit victim Susan el-Baneh so
that her body can be released to her family for burial in
6. ROYG Contacts: According to the Yemeni press, President
Saleh is traveling to Saudi Arabia today to meet with the