Cablegate: Request for Security Survey of Refugee Site In
DE RUEHC #4596 3292313
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 242307Z NOV 08
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO AMEMBASSY BAGHDAD PRIORITY 2631
UNCLAS STATE 124596
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: ASEC PREF IZ
SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR SECURITY SURVEY OF REFUGEE SITE IN
1. In anticipation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
interviews of refugees in a new, temporary processing
location in Baghdad, the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and
Migration (PRM) and DHS US Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS) request that RSO provide a security
evaluation of the processing site.
2. Please evaluate the location at Ocean Cliffs, located in
the northern section of the International Zone. Grid
coordinates for Oceans Cliffs are 38SMB4343386189. Contact
person is: John N. Tumino
MAJ, QM, USA
MNF-I IZBO OIC
3. We anticipate that USCIS will require use of this facility
for approximately six months, beginning in mid-December,
until permanent facilities elsewhere in the International
Zone are prepared. We further anticipate that interviews of
approximately 1365 cases (3137 individuals) will take place
during this time, involving at least three separate teams,
each consisting of five USCIS officers.
4. If RSO Baghdad has any questions about the proposed
survey, please contact PRM's Admissions Refcoord Tressa
Finerty at FinertyTR (at) state.gov or PRM Program Officers
Sumitra Siram (SiramS (at) state.gov).
5. This request is made in conjunction with DS/IP/NEA.
6. Department appreciates Post's assistance and requests
survey completion as soon as possible.