Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Individual to Attend the Apcss Asc
DE RUEHPF #0951 3360822
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 010822Z DEC 08
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 0154
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/FPA//
RHHMUNS/COMSOCPAC HONOLULU HI//SOJ32
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000951
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E.O. 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE APCSS ASC
09-1 IN HAWAII, USA FROM JANUARY 22-MARCH 11, 2009
REF: 03 SECSTATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
security assistance training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has
conducted local human rights vetting for the following individual
selected for the APCSS ASC 09-1 in Hawaii, USA from January22-March
--BG Sao Chandara, Date of Birth: 5 August 1964, Place of Birth:
Takeo Province, POSITION: Deputy Director of Admin Affairs, General
Secretariat, Ministry of National Defense.
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the APCSS ASC 09-1 in Hawaii, USA from
January 22-March 11, 2009.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contact for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 855-23-728-219, or Janet
Deutsch at email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-118.