Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for an Individual to Attend the United
DE RUEHPF #0616 2360041
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 240041Z AUG 09
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 1101
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/J7/J72/FPA//
RUEHPF/USDAO PHNOM PENH CB
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000616
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E. O 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE UNITED
NATIONS MILITARY OBSERVER TRAINING, SEPTEMBER 7-25, 2009 IN
REF: 03 SECSTATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
security assistance training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has
conducted local human rights vetting for the following individual
selected for the United Nations Military Observer Training,
September 7-25, 2009 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
NAME: Hour, Thai (Male)
DPOB: October 6, 1966, Kandal
POSITION: Deputy Chief of Training Office
DEPT/UNIT: Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Policy and Foreign
Affairs, Ministry of National Defense
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the United Nations Military Observer
Training, September 7-25, 2009 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contacts for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-219 or Jenae
Johnson at Johnsonjd3@state.gov or tel: 855-23-728-118.