Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Individual to Attend The
DE RUEHPF #0829 3100023
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 060023Z NOV 09
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 1342
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/FPA//
RHHMUNS/COMSOCPAC HONOLULU HI//SOJ32
RUEHPF/USDAO PHNOM PENH CB
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000829
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E. O 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE
GPOI UN LOGISTICS OFFICER COURSE, NOVEMBER 29-DECEMBER 10, 2009 IN
REF: 03 SECSTATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
security assistance training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has
conducted local human rights vetting for the following individual
selected for the GPOI UN Logistics Officer Course, November
29-December 10, 2009 in Panchkhal, Nepal.
NAME: Piv, Vanndy (Male)
DPOB: March 12, 1982; Battambang
POSITION: Staff of Cabinet
DEPT/UNIT: High Command Headquarters
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the GPOI UN Logistics Officer Course at
Panchkhal, Nepal, from November 29-December 10, 2009.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contacts for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-219 or Jenae
Johnson at Johnsonjd3@state.gov or tel: 855-23-728-118.