Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Individual to Attend the United
DE RUEHPF #0070 0280101
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 280101Z JAN 10
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 1625
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/FPA//
RHHMUNS/COMSOCPAC HONOLULU HI//SOJ32//
RHMFISS/USSOCOM SCSO J3 MACDILL AFB FL
RUEHPF/USDAO PHNOM PENH CB
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000070
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E. O 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE UNITED
NATIONS CIVIL-MILITARY LIAISON OFFICERS COURSE, FEBRUARY 7-18, 2010
REF: 03 SECSTATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has conducted local human
rights vetting for the following individual to attend the United
Nations Civil-Military Liaison Officers Course, February 7-18, 2010
NAME: KHEM, Sophetra (Male)
DPOB: September 25, 1985; Kandal
POSITION: Chief of Research Section
DEPT/UNIT: Department of Peace Keeping Operation, Policy and Foreign
Affairs, Ministry of National Defense
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the United Nations Civil-Military Liaison
Officers Course, February 7-18, 2010 in Bangladesh.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contacts for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-219 or Jenae
Johnson at Johnsonjd3@state.gov or tel: 855-23-728-118.