Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Individual to Attend The
DE RUEHPF #0110 0470841
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 160841Z FEB 10
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 1673
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/FPA//
RHHMUNS/COMSOCPAC HONOLULU HI//SOJ32//
RUEHPF/USDAO PHNOM PENH CB
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000110
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E. O 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE
"LEGAL ASPECTS OF COMBATING TERRORISM" COURSE, MARCH 10 - APRIL 2,
2010 IN NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND
REF: 03 STATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
security assistance training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has
conducted local human rights vetting for the following individual to
attend the "Legal Aspects of Combating Terrorism" course, March
10-April 2, 2010 in Newport, Rhode Island.
NAME: PHAN, Ho (Male)
DPOB: May 30, 1953; Battambang
POSITION: Secretary General
DEPT/UNIT: Cambodian Financial Intelligence Unit
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the "Legal Aspects of Combating Terrorism"
course, March 10-April 2, 2010 in Newport, Rhode Island.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contacts for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-219 or Jenae
Johnson at Johnsonjd3@state.gov or tel: 855-23-728-118.