Cablegate: Human Rights Vetting for Individual to Attend the 5th
DE RUEHPF #0096 0400848
ZNR UUUUU ZZH
P 090848Z FEB 10
FM AMEMBASSY PHNOM PENH
TO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 1655
INFO RUEKJCS/CJCS WASHDC
RHHMUNA/USCINCPAC HONOLULU HI//JC/J3/J4/J45/J5/FPA//
RHHMUNS/COMSOCPAC HONOLULU HI//SOJ32//
RUCJAAA/CDRUSSOCOM MACDILL AFB FL
RUEHPF/USDAO PHNOM PENH CB
UNCLAS PHNOM PENH 000096
DEPARTMENT FOR PM-HDP, DRL, EAP/MLS, EAP/RSP AND S/GHD
E. O 12958: N/A
TAGS: PREL MOPS PHUM MARR MASS CB
SUBJECT: HUMAN RIGHTS VETTING FOR INDIVIDUAL TO ATTEND THE 5TH
ANNUAL SOVEREIGN CHALLENGE CONFERENCE, MARCH 8-11, 2010 IN KEY WEST,
REF: 03 STATE 034981
1. This is an action cable. See Paragraph Six.
2. Reftel is guidance for screening nominees for U.S. sponsored
3. To comply with the Leahy amendment relative to U.S. sponsored
training, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has conducted local human
rights vetting for the following individual to attend the Fifth
Annual Sovereign Challenge Conference, March 8-11, 2010 in Key West,
NAME: KOEUT, Navuth (Male)
DPOB: April 24, 1963; Kampong Cham
POSITION: Defense Attach
RANK: Brigadier General
DEPT/UNIT: Embassy of Cambodia, Washington DC
4. U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh has reviewed its files and finds that, as
of this date, it possesses no credible information of gross
violations of human rights by the above individual.
5. Individual will attend the Fifth Annual Sovereign Challenge
Conference, March 8-11, 2010 in Key West, Florida.
6. Action request: Please verify whether the Department possesses
any credible information that the individual named above has been
implicated in gross violations of human rights.
7. Points of contacts for Amembassy Phnom Penh are Major Wayne
Turnbull email@example.com or tel: 855-23-728-219 or Jenae
Johnson at Johnsonjd3@state.gov or tel: 855-23-728-118.