You Are Not The Voice - Farnham To Sue S11 Protest
…. From…. email@example.com
john farnham to sue s11
- for using his song YOUR THE VOICE as the s11 theme song
- record label gives the s11.org web site until 5pm thursday the 24th of august to remove link to the artists song
- after a nation wide song contest - YOUR THE VOICE was chosen as the S11 THEME SONG to be sung by thousands outside crown casino during the WEF protests
- s11.org put a picture up of john and a link to his song on the sites home page
- lawyers for john farhnams record label,BMG , have given the s11.org web site until 5pm thursday the 24th of august to remove the link to the artists song and remove johns image
- we are not infringing copywrite: the record label do not own copywrite of the image the real audio file of YOUR THE VOICE is not held on our servers - it is external
the lawyers email is below
------ Dear Sir or Madam
We have been to your website www.s11.org/home ("Website"). Embodied on the Website as the "S11 Theme Song" is John Farnham's sound recording of the song "You're The Voice" ("Recording").
BMG Australia Limited owns copyright in the Recording and hereby instructs you to remove the link to the Recording from your Website by 5.00pm (Melbourne time) on 24 August 2000.
You are hereby advised that you are not authorised to use, reproduce or link to any images of or recordings by John Farnham on your Website.
BMG asserts that any such unauthorised use of John Farnham's image and/or recordings implies an endorsement of your organisation, which is not correct.
Should you not comply with the request to remove the link to the BMG owned Recording and the photo of John Farnham your Website, you are advised that BMG may in its discretion commence proceedings against you in the Federal Court of Australia for infringement of copyright (including a claim for costs) without further notice to you.
BMG Australia Limited