Black Box Voting: What's With CA SoS McPherson?
What's going on with California Secretary of State Bruce McPherson?
- He asks Black Box Voting to do a test, but tells the press he's asked Finnish security expert Harri Hursti to do it, before he formally invites Hursti or obtains any agreement from Hursti to do the test;
- He gives Black Box Voting a Nov. 30 deadline, then tells the press he has no idea where the Nov. 30 date came from.
- He asks Black Box Voting to confirm they intend to do the test, they confirm. BBV never hears from the sec. state's office again.
- The participants in the test learn by reading in the newspaper that the test has been delayed (18 hours before it is scheduled to begin).
- In a related matter, while on the radio this week McPherson's office could not answer the simplest of questions about what transpired at a Nov. 21 Diebold hearing.
Here's the correspondence trail -- judge for yourself:
Black Box Voting is a national nonpartisan nonprofit elections watchdog group, supported entirely by citizen donations; Black Box Voting is not associated with any political group or vendor. http://www.blackboxvoting.org