The Food Show Is Smokin’ Hot
MEDIA RELEASE AUGUST
The Food Show Is Smokin’ Hot
The floodgates have opened and visitors are pouring into The Food Show to try and buy from New Zealand’s biggest and most delicious selection of food, drink, and kitchen equipment.
Preview Day kicked the show off on Thursday with just under 4000 VIP’s, media, trade and die-hard foodies enjoying the exclusive limited ticket session. General entry opened today and tens of thousands are expected to attend over the weekend.
The Food Show offers so much – including live demos, cooking classes, special deals, plus tips and advice to help you cook like a superstar at home. Give your taste buds the day out they deserve!
Learn the secrets of cooking top cuisine from the masters in the Masterclass Series of intimate classes that bring you up close and personal with celebrity chefs. Simon Gault’s class is SOLD OUT, but limited tickets are still available for Al Brown, Lauraine Jacobs, Brett McGregor, Josh Emett, Julie Le Clerc, Hayden Wood, and Annabelle White. Tickets cost $50 each in addition to your general entry ticket and each class includes a goodie bag valued at $40. So get your tickets now before they all go.
FREE all-day cooking demos in the Electrolux
Your ticket to The Food Show gets you into all the awesome cooking demos in the fabulous, 750-seat Electrolux Cooking Theatre from the likes of Nadia Lim, Ray McVinnie, Simon Gault, Al Brown, Josh Emett, Richard Till, Helen Jackson, Chelsea Winter, Annabelle White and Nici Wickes. This is an essential Food Show experience – you owe it to yourself to go.
Cake, coffee and
cocktails – what’s not to like?
Our newest feature, the Kenwood Kitchen, allows you to get right up close, talk to the demonstrators, and see what they’re doing first-hand. Get top tips and advice from leading chefs, baristas, and bartenders in this unique, circular environment that gets you close to all the action – and all the tastings! See Des Harris from Clooney, Pip Wylie from Ripe, and NZ’s leading cocktail ‘mixologist’ Riki Carter, to name but a few.
So much to taste, so
With almost 300 exhibition stands packed with flavour you’ll find whatever takes your fancy at The Food Show. Here’s but a small selection:
• Wine ¬– Tastings throughout the show from a huge list that includes Sacred Hill, CJ Pask, Mount Riley, Kumeu Wine Country, Vidal Estate, Lothlorien Feijoa Winery, and more.
• Cheese and dairy – Scrumptious, parmesan-like vintage gouda from Cuisine Champion Cheesemaker 2011, Meyer Gouda Cheese Ltd, Piako Gourmet Yoghurt, and more.
• Bread – Handcrafted, 100% natural pizza breads from Turkish Bread (and check out their new calzones), authentic French breads from Paneton Bakery, gorgeous Poesy breads, and more.
• Artisan – Handmade butter from Lewis Road Creamery, superb breads from Wild Wheat, and lots more in the fabulous Artisan Alley in Hall 1.
• Beer and cider – Tuatara Brewery, Harrington’s Breweries, Old Mout Cider, and more.
• Cookware and kitchenware – Top of the line cooking gear from Bessemer, appliances from Kenwood and Electrolux, plus Nespresso and De’Longhi coffee machines, and more.
• Organics – Mike’s Organic Brewery, Pitango soups, Organix Wholefoods, Ziwi Organic apple juice, Cyclops yoghurt, and more.
• Condiments, dips, etc – Lip-smacking dressings, pastes, and jams from The Damson Collection, plus huge deli selections from Nosh Food Market, Eurodell, and Blue Rock.
Skoda drives The Food
Make sure you visit the Skoda stand to go in the draw to win a $1000 Countdown WISH Gift Card, one of 10 autographed copies of Ray McVinnie's cookbook, or one of 20 six-month subscriptions to Cuisine Magazine.
Plan your day at the show online at www.foodshow.co.nz
First buy your tickets online, then browse our fully searchable exhibitor lists, check out the cooking demo timetables, or book your Masterclasses with the click of a button. As you search, you can add what you find to your own personal show itinerary, complete with printable floor map. Our website makes it all so easy and simple.