The Outdoors Awards 2012 nomination deadline extended
Nomination deadline extended to Monday 3
Nominate outstanding individuals and organisations in your outdoors community today!
To go to nomination form, click the button below.
Read on for more information.
The Outdoors Awards 2012, with the Skills Active Awards Dinner, is hosted by Outdoors New Zealand. This event recognises the highest levels of individual and organisational achievement in outdoor recreation, outdoors education and adventure tourism in New Zealand.
The Outdoors Awards 2012 are open to any individual or organisation contributing to outdoors recreation and education in New Zealand.
The Outdoors Awards 2012 will be held on the first night of The Outdoors Forum 2012 on the 12 October 2012.
For more information on The Outdoors Forum 2012, click here.
Mac's Function Centre, 4 Taranaki Street, Wellington.
Click here for directions.
The Skills Active dinner
will be hosted by Craig Goodall, CEO of North Harbour
Stadium, and Steve Gurney, nine-time winner of Coast to
Each award will be judged by a pannel consisting of:
• A person from an Outdoors New Zealand member organisation with the appropriate expertise of the award category
• A member from the Outdoors New Zealand Board
• Garth Dawson, Outdoors New Zealand CEO
Each Awardee receives:
• A plaque/trophy to keep
• A certificate
• Recognition during The Outdoors Awards event
• Recognition on the Outdoors New Zealand website
• Recognition in Ki Waho - Outdoors New Zealand's magazine
• Recognition in Tourism Business Magazine
• Free Outdoors New Zealand membership for a year
The Outdoors Awards categories
• Education Programme Award
• Emerging Instructor Award
• Volunteer Award
• Organisation Award
• Adventure Tourism Award
• Event Award
• Environmental Leadership Award
• Supreme Award
You can read the criteria for each award category here.
forward to your nominations!
Yours in the outdoors,
The team at Outdoors New Zealand