2016 “The Wallace Arts Trust Prize” short fiction contest
Alternative Bindings is excited to announce
the 2016 “The Wallace Arts Trust Prize” short fiction contest
With the support of the Wallace Foundation we are awarding the following prizes in 2016
• $600 for the Wallace Arts Trust Prize Best Short Story; and
• $300 for the Wallace Arts Trust Runner-up Short Story.
The competition welcomes both emerging and established writers to share their stories based on the theme ‘A Kiwi Romance’ using a maximum of 750 words .
Participation is the most valued aspect of this inaugural award, which is also supported by the GABA Trust.
The winning story will be announced in Auckland during Pride 2016 and published on gaynz.com. Additional publicity and storytelling opportunities are being pursued – watch this space!
Our judges are well known in queer literary circles:
• Julie Helean, award-winning author
• Gina Cole, winner of the inaugural Alternative Bindings writing contest, 2014
• Stevan Eldred-Grigg, award-winning writer of novels, short stories and history
• Peter Wells, award-winning author and film-maker whose books include his memoir Long Loop Home' which won the 2002 New Zealand Book Awards Biography Prize.
Email us at email@example.com for full entry criteria. Entries close 1 December 2015.