Call out to drivers - change a former refugee's life today
REFUGEE DRIVER TRAINING
MENTOR – INFORMATION
We are looking for mentors to participate in a driver training programme to assist former Refugees to attain their Restricted Licence. This is a new programme, separate from Turning the Curve, our women’s driving programme.
Driving Mentor Criteria
· All driving mentors must have a Full NZ Licence and have been driving for 2 years or more
· Mentors do not have to identify as female (unlike Turning the Curve)
· All driving mentors must agree to a “Fit & Proper Person” Police check.
· Mentors are required to commit to 2 x 1 hours practice sessions per week with their Learner
· All driving mentors will need a good level of English
· All mentors will be expected to abide by the rules and guidelines of the programme (see below)
· The programme runs for a minimum of 12 weeks, sometimes 15 weeks (depending on the learner’s progress)
· We have 3 intakes per year (with 15 places in each)
· A dual-control vehicle is supplied for the practice sessions
· All driving mentors are given training and induction for the duration of the programme, and will be required to attend a 90 minute induction at the beginning of the programme. The first induction and training of 2017 will be held in late February 2017
· Practice session times will be according to availability of the mentor.
If you would like to be a driving mentor, please fill in the application form. We would love you to join the team!