Last Weekend To Get Fully Vaccinated In Time For Christmas
Pop along to more than 20 festive events happening across the city
With just 29 days to go, this is the last weekend for people to ensure they can be fully vaccinated for Christmas, so Tāmaki Makaurau is once again turning it on with vaccination events right across the city.
All community vaccination centres are open for walk-ins for first and second doses, and there are a large number of festive pop-up events happening in neighbourhoods near you.
At the ‘All I want for Christmas is my 2 vaccines’ event in Manurewa, the first 200 cars that turn up tomorrow and on Sunday will receive a free Christmas hamper.
There will be live entertainment, free hotdogs and sports gear giveaways over in Ōtara at the Cook Island Sports Collective event tomorrow.
Twenty-five Catholic churches are also coming together for a big pop-up event in Māngere, involving youth groups and 120 volunteers at the Maeola Community Centre.
And Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei will be at a Waka Ama event in Mt Wellington.
NRHCC vaccination programme director Matt Hannant says with the Auckland border opening up, people will be counting down the days until they can be reunited with whānau outside of the city for Christmas.
“Let’s make this Christmas as safe as possible for our loved ones by getting both doses in time for the festivities. This is the last weekend to ensure that you’ll be fully vaccinated before the holiday season.
“If it’s been more than three weeks since your first dose, now is the time to get your second, so you can make the most of getting out and about with a vaccine pass from next Friday.”
Mr Hannant says there are plenty of opportunities for people to go out and get vaccinated this weekend, with a large number of pop-up events happening all over the city. They include:
- St Mary's Church Campervan and Drive-through - Sun 28 Nov, 8am - 11:30am, 2134 Gt North Road, Avondale
- Avondale Community Fale - Sun 28 Nov, 12:30pm - 4pm, 59 Rosebank Road, Avondale
- Glenvon Community Hub - Sat 27th, 12:30pm - 4pm, 340 Blockhouse Bay Road, Avondale
- Niuean 3rd Event - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 5pm, LDS Church, 15 Robertson Road Chapel, Māngere
- Cook Island Sport Collective - Drive-through - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 5pm, 244 East Tamaki Road, Ōtara
- Ian Shaw Park - Waka Ama - Sat 27 Nov 9 am - 4pm, Ian Shaw Park, Panama Road, Mt Wellington
- LDS Chapel - Lunn Ave - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 1pm, LDS Lunn Ave Chapel, Mt Wellington
- Massey Ave Car Park - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 2pm
The vaccination buses and campervans will be parked up at the following locations:
- Papatoetoe New World Campervan - Sat 27 Nov, 11am - 1pm, 65 Saint George Street, Papatoetoe
- All I want for Christmas is my 2 Vaccines (Bus) - Drive-through - Sat 27: 9am - 6pm, Sun 28: 12pm - 8pm, Northcrest Carpark, Manurewa Town Centre
- Round 2 - Free Church of Tonga (Bus) - Sat 27 Nov, 8:30-5pm, 47 Favona Rd, Māngere
- Rosebank Campervan and Drive-through - Sat 27 Nov, 8am-11:30am, 93-123 Riverdale Road, Avondale
- Avondale Community Gardeners Pop-up (Campervan) - Sat 27 - Sun 28 Nov, 8 am - 4pm
- Tokaikolo Church - Pop Up – (Campervan) - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 3pm, 148 Coronation Road, Mangere Bridge
- Catholic Church Event (Campervan x2) - Sat 27 Nov, 9am - 4:30pm, 16 Waokauri Place, Māngere
- Al Madinah School and Zayad College Campervan - Sat 27 Nov, 10am-4pm, 8 Westney Road
- Volante Reserve Campervan - Sat 27 Nov, 1 pm - 3pm, Valante Avenue, Manurewa
- Oruawharo Marae (Campervan) - Sat 27 - Sun 28 Nov, 9am - 3pm, 2 Oruawharo School Road, Oruawharo
- Volta Park Bus - Sun 28 Nov, 10am - 2:30pm, Volta Park - Templeton Road, Clendon
People can also walk in at any of our community vaccination centres this weekend, or head along to one of the 200+ GP clinics and 130+ pharmacies delivering vaccinations across Auckland. Full details of opening hours and sites can be found at vaccinateforauckland.nz
From today, people aged 18 and over who had their second dose at least six months ago, can get their booster dose. They can book their appointment online using the Book My Vaccine website or by calling 0800 28 29 26. Boosters will be available at all community vaccination centres, and vaccinating GPs and pharmacies.
Also, people can now pre-book to get the AstraZeneca vaccine, which is available from Monday 29 November. Here’s a link to an interactive map showing the list of vaccination sites across Tāmaki Makaurau that are offering the AstraZeneca vaccine: vaccinateforauckland.nz