There were 15 cases confirmed in the Waikato overnight, with six in Huntly, three in Hamilton, four in Te Kūiti, and two in Ngāruawāhia.
All cases have been linked to previous cases.
This brings the total number of cases during this Waikato outbreak to 404 (170 active, 234 recovered) with 38 active cases remaining under investigation for links.
There were eight locations of interest identified yesterday across Hamilton, Huntly and Te Kūiti.
There are seven pop-up and dedicated testing sites operating across Waikato today in Hamilton, Ōtorohanga, Thames, Huntly, Ngāruawāhia and Te Kūiti.
There are two people receiving care for COVID-19 at Waikato Hospital and another COVID-19 positive individual receiving care for an unrelated condition.
There were 2279 tests processed in the Waikato yesterday and 1776 vaccines delivered.
In the Waikato, public health staff are now supporting 129 cases to isolate at home.
|Location||Number of active cases|
Note: previously listed case locations will at times be reclassified following investigations.
Anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms, is following guidance relating to a location of interest, or has been directed by Healthline or a GP should seek a test immediately.
Otherwise, people should call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or their GP for guidance before seeking a test.
It is free to get a COVID-19 test, wherever you go.
COVID-19 testing centres
Testing locations in and around Waikato are also available on the Healthpoint and Waikato DHB websites.
Ōtorohanga Sports Club carpark, Island Reserve, Orahiri Terrace, Ōtorohanga
Friday 26 November onwards 10am-12pm
Centennial Park, William Street entrance, Te Kūiti
Fridays to Tuesdays 10am-2pm
Te Korowai o Hauora Thames, 210 Richmond Street, Thames
Waahi Whanui, 17 Parry Street, Huntly
Wednesday 24 to Sunday 28 November 10-3pm
Nga Miro Health Centre car park, 29 River Road, Ngāruawāhia
Friday 26 November 7.30am-12pm
Founders Theatre carpark
Entrance off Norton Road
Claudelands Event Centre
Gate 3, Brooklyn Road
Te Kōhao Health
951 Wairere Drive, Hamilton East
Testing is available on appointment from GPs. Both practices will test non-enrolled patients:
Tokoroa Family Health
Gate 3, Tokoroa Hospital, Maraetai Road, Tokoroa
Book on 07 886 5431
Tokoroa Medical Centre
57-75 Maraetai Road, Tokoroa
Book on 07 886 8777
Please see www.waikatodhb.health.nz/cbac for a list of pop-up testing sites and designated general practices where anyone can be tested for free, and www.healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19/waikato for all testing providers in the region.
Latest update on COVID-19 vaccinations
Reporting on vaccination rates at TLA level is provided by the Ministry of Health. This data is at 26 November 2021 and is the latest available at TLA level.
|Territorial local authority||1st doses||2nd doses||1st doses as a % of eligible population||Fully vaccinated as a % of eligible population|
|South Waikato District||17,070||14,672||85.6%||73.6%|
Data at SA2 level (approximately equivalent to suburb) is available on the Ministry of Health website.
Pop-up vaccination sites and vaccination clinics
Hours at the Te Awa The Base community vaccination centre in Te Rapa, Hamilton, have been extended from this week. The vaccination centre will now open from 9am to 9pm every Thursday and Friday, starting 28 October, until Christmas to cater for people who cannot be vaccinated during normal working hours.
There are number of pop-up vaccination centres operating across the Waikato this week. Details are at www.waikatodhb.health.nz/covid19mobile.
The Cambridge community vaccination centre at Cambridge Community Marae is closed. Vaccinations will continue to be available at Cambridge Medical Centre (bookings essential via www.bookmyvaccine.nz or 0800 28 29 26) and Unichem Cambridge (offering both walk-ins and bookings). There is good capacity at both sites to support the community. Vaccinations are free wherever you go.
- Mobile vaccination clinics are rolling out across the takiwā with regular visits to locations through to the end of the year. The schedule is on the Waikato DHB website and will be regularly updated with more dates and locations.
- Also visit the Waikato DHB FB page for up-to-date mobile vaccination clinic locations.
- In Hamilton and elsewhere in the Waikato, you can get your vaccinations at GPs, pharmacies, mobile sites and at our vaccination centres. There's lots of options, so come along and meet the friendly vaccination teams.
- Walk-in appointments are available at many vaccination sites across the Waikato.
- People can now also bus free to and from their vaccination appointment if they show proof of their booking. See busit.co.nz/vaccination for more details.
Reminder - Making a vaccination appointment
Although walk-ins are available at many vaccination sites, the best way of guaranteeing a vaccination on the time, day and place of your choosing is still to book.
- If you have made a booking and are not able to attend your appointment, please cancel your booking so someone else can use that appointment time.
- If you are unsure when your appointment is, check on the booking system at https://app.bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz/manage using your contact number or email address and booking reference. Alternatively, you can call 0800 28 29 26 for assistance.
- Everyone aged 12+ can now visit bookmyvaccine.nz to make their bookings.
- We ask everyone when attending their appointments under Alert Level 3 to follow the key public health measures detailed on the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
If people have flu-like symptoms
Do not come into the hospital if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
If you are concerned about your risk of COVID-19, please ring Healthline (0800 358 5453). They will tell you if you need to be tested and what to do next.
- It is free to get a COVID-19 test
- GPs are able to provide assessment and testing – please phone your practice first
- Please do not turn up to your GP without an appointment
- After hours, you can be seen at an urgent care clinic
- We recommend you take your NHI number with you, which can speed up the timeframe to receive your test results.