The Ministry of Health has confirmed two new cases of the
Covid-19 coronavirus in New Zealand.
Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield is expected to brief media at 3pm.
• If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (+64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or call your GP - don't show up at a medical centre
In a statement released this
afternoon, the Ministry of Health said the two new cases were related to the border as
a result of recent travel from the UK.
The ministry said both cases were connected, but offered little further information, leaving questions for Dr Bloomfield's media briefing.
The announcement followed 24 consecutive days with no new cases in New Zealand, and eight days since the recovery of the last active case.
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
• See all RNZ Covid-19 news
• Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
• Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
• Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
• Your Covid-19 questions answered - from health and employment to managing anxiety
• A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
• Coronavirus: A glossary of terms