EVENING POST NEWS MONITOR, 02 07 01
Three die in head-on smash - City whoops it up on a rugby high - Public vote for bar with their feet - Govt wanted Rankin out - SSC boss - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Three die in head-on smash: Three people are dead after a head-on collison between two cars near Otaki on SH1 this morning - possibly caused when a dog ran on the road.
City whoops it up on a rugby high: Wellington was the winner on the night as tens of thousands of happy, and well-behaved rugby fans enjoyed the city on Saturday night, after the All Blacks 37-12 rugby win over France at WestpacTrust Stadium.
Public vote for bar with their feet: The public has given its verdict on controversial Courtenay Pl strip bar Mermaid - it's been packed every night.
Govt wanted Rankin out - SSC boss: Labour Ministers discussed their desire to get rid of Christine Rankin just three days after being sworn in, the Employment Court heard today.
- Fiji killing shocks Red Cross;
- Anderton calls for lift in tax rates;
- Call for report in NZ Post;
- Movie chain threatens to ban Lord of the Rings;
- Pitch for Lion's share of beer market;
- Icy wake-up call heralds cool change;
- Swimming learners left high and dry;
- Defence forces unite on new Trentham site;
- Occupants of car abduct young woman
Scrum only worry for ABs: Hurricanes captain Gordon Slater has been recalled to the All Balck squad for the South African part of the Tri-Nations rugby tournament, but the experienced Taranaki tighthead may only have a role on the training field.
Editorial: Bold hospital plan, but time slips by;
ABs'work just begun