Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks Against Palestine
Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks Against Palestinian Civilians and Property In the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
· Israeli forces killed a civilian in the east of al-Bureij refugee camp in an excessive use of force.
- Israeli forces wounded a Palestinian farmer while working on his farmland, east of Gaza City.
- A Palestinian civilian was wounded by a rubber-coated metal bullet during an Israeli incursion into Beit Ummar village, north of Hebron.
· Israeli forces bombarded an open land in the northern Gaza Strip.
- A child sustained scratches and bruises as window fragments scattered over him due to the bombing.
· Israeli forces have continued to use excessive force against peaceful protesters in the West Bank.
- Dozens of protestors suffered tear gas inhalation and sustained bruises due to Israeli soldiers' attacks.
· Israeli forces conducted 62 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and a limited one into the Gaza Strip.
- At least 54 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children and 2 photojournalists, were arrested.
· Israeli navy forces continued to attacks and pursue Palestinian fishermen at Gaza sea.
- 3 Palestinian fishermen were wounded and their boat was confiscated off Gaza valley shore.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
- Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
- At least 6 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, were arrested by Israeli forces at checkpoints in Hebron.
· Israeli forces have continued to support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
- Restrictions over the Palestinian farmers, who were denied access to their lands south of Hebron, continued.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (01 – 14 August 2013).
During the reporting period, using lethal force, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian civilian who attempted to cross the border fence into Israel in the east of the Gaza Strip. A Palestinian farmer was also wounded when Israeli forces opened fire at him on his farmland, east of Gaza City, while another civilian was wounded during an Israeli incursion into Beit Ummar village, north of Hebron. Moreover, many protestors suffered tear gas inhalation during peaceful protests against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. Besides, dozens sustained bruises due to Israeli soldiers' attacks.
On 10 August 2013, Israeli forces stationed along the border fence, east of al-Bureij refugee camp, in the central Gaza Strip, killed Hussein AwadAllah (al-Nouri) (34), from al-Nusairat refugee camp. They targeted him directly when he attempted to cross the border fence into Israel. The aforementioned person sustained a bullet wound to the right shoulder, as the bullet settled in the belly and caused his death. Israeli forces kept his body for a few hours and then delivered him to the Ministry of Health in Gaza.
On 11 August 2013, Israeli forces stationed along the border fence, east of Gaza City, opened fire at Hamada Jneid (21) and wounded him in the left leg (the bullet entered and exited) while he was working on a farmland 400 meters away from the border.
Israeli navy forces continued to attack Palestinian fishermen in Gaza sea. On 11 August 2013, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishermen who were sailing 3 nautical miles off al-Waha resort, in the northern Gaza Strip. However, no casualties were reported. On 13 August 2013, a Palestinian fishing boat sailing 7 nautical miles off Gaza valley shore was fired at. As a result, 3 fishermen were wounded and arrested for a few hours at Ashdod Seaport in Israel. In addition, their boat was confiscated.
On 14 August 2013, Israeli warplanes bombarded an open land in the northern Gaza Strip. As a result, material damage was caused to a nearby house, where a child sustained scratches and bruises because of window fragments that scattered due to the explosion.
In the West Bank, on 07 August 2013, a 21-year-old Palestinian was wounded by a rubber-coated metal bullet to the left shoulder during an Israeli incursion into Beit Ummar village, north of Hebron.
During the reporting period, Israeli forces continued the systematic use of excessive force against peaceful protests organised by Palestinian, Israeli and international activists against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. As a result, dozens suffered tear gas inhalation and others sustained bruises due to Israeli soldiers' attack on them.
The full report is available online at: