Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks Against Palestine
Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks Against Palestinian Civilians and Property In the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
· Israeli forces killed 3 Palestinian civilians and wounded 18 others, including 5 children, in Qalandya refugee camp.
- A child was wounded by a live bullet to the head at the entrance of 'Ayda refugee camp.
· Israeli forces have continued to use excessive force against peaceful protesters in the West Bank.
- 5 protestors were wounded during 2 protests in Bil'in village, west of Ramallah, and Kofur Qaddoum village, northeast of Qalqilia.
· Israeli forces conducted 49 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one into the Gaza Strip.
- At least 29 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children, were arrested in the West Bank.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world
Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West
- 4 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, were arrested at checkpoints in the West Bank.
- Israeli forces forcibly transferred a former prisoner from Hebron to Gaza.
· Israeli navy forces continued targeting Palestinian fishermen in the sea
- Israeli navy forces opened fire at fishermen in the northern Gaza Strip.
· Israel has continued its measures to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem
- 2 houses, retaining walls
and commercial stores in al-Tour and al-'Esawiya villages
- A budget was allocated to prepare the infrastructure of 1,500 settlement units in the north of the city.
- Settlers damaged tyres of 10 vehicles in Beit Safafa, south of the city.
· Israeli forces have continued to support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property
- Israel plans
for the establishment of a new settlement neighbourhood in
the northern West Bank.
- Settlers cut 25 olive trees in lands near "Bracha" settlement in Nablus.
- Israeli forces halt construction works in an under-construction house under the pretext of building on a seized land.
- Israeli forces sent 4 notices to halt construction works in 4 occupied houses, south of Hebron.
- Israeli forces sent notices to halt construction works in 8 water wells, south of Hebron.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (22 – 28 August 2013).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces escalated their attacks against the Palestinian civilians, especially in the West Bank. Israeli forces killed 3 civilians and wounded 23 others, including 5 children. 3 civilians were killed and 18 others, including 5 children, were wounded during an Israeli incursion into Qalandya refugee camp, north of occupied Jerusalem. The other 5 civilians were wounded in peaceful protests against settlement activities in the West Bank. Moreover, dozens of civilians suffered tear gas inhalation and others sustained bruises. In the Gaza Strip, Israeli navy forces continued chasing and opening fire at Palestinian fishermen in the sea.
In the West Bank, on 26 August 2013, in an excessive use of lethal forces, Israeli forces killed 3 Palestinian civilians and wounded 18 others, including 5 children, in Qalandya refugee camp, north of occupied Jerusalem, in the centre of the West Bank. This crime was committed when Israeli forces moved into the camp to launch an arrest campaign, but dozens of Palestinians gathered and threw stones at them. Israeli forces immediately fired live ammunition, sound bombs and tear gas canisters. As a result, 3 civilians were killed and 18 others, including 5 children, were wounded. On the same day, a child was wounded by a rubber-coated metal bullet to the head while others suffered tear gas inhalation during clashes at the entrance of 'Ayda refugee camp near Bethlehem.
During the reporting period, Israeli forces continued the systematic use of excessive force against peaceful protests organised by Palestinian, Israeli and international activists against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. As a result, 5 Palestinian civilians were wounded, dozens suffered tear gas inhalation and others sustained bruises. 3 civilians were wounded in Bil'in weekly protest, west of Ramallah, and 2 others were wounded in Kofur Qaddoum weekly protest, northeast of Qalqilia.
In the Gaza Strip, on 22 and 23 August 2013, Israeli gunboats stationed off al-Waha resort, northwest of Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats that approached the border about 2 nautical miles off the shore. The fishermen were frightened and fled back to the shore fearing of being arrested or injured. However, neither casualties nor material damage were reported in both incidents.