Airbnb Launches New York Experiences
Airbnb launches New York Experiences
Airbnb confirmed that it is bringing its popular Trips platform to New York, unveiling 150 locally-led Experiences of the city for Kiwi travellers to book right now.
As the latest city to join the ranks of other global capitals including Sydney, Queenstown, London, Rome, Paris and Tokyo as an Airbnb Trips destination, travellers now have the opportunity to explore a different and authentic side to the city, all the while getting to know the people and places driving New York City. Also helping Australians scratch beneath the surface of the Big Apple are several well-known celebrities including actress and Sex and the City TV icon, Sarah Jessica Parker(which sold out in just a few hours!), who has created her very own personal shopping trip, and The Fault in Our Stars and Divergent actor, Ansel Elgort.
Travellers and guests of Airbnb can now learn hip-hop dance moves from a local South Bronx dance crew, taste delicious and authentic Latin food with a Dominican Queens native, booze through a historical beer tour with a born-and-bred Brooklynite, or embark on an underground tour of the subway system with a transit expert, all while discovering the hidden gems that only locals know.
For more information, please see
Notable Stats + Data
Since launching the Trips platform in November 2016, Airbnb has seen exponential adoption and growth with hosts across many markets, while becoming increasingly popular with guests.
• New York City is Airbnb’s biggest launch to date with more than 150 Experiences
• More than 20 Social Good Experiences will be live at launch
• With the launch of New York City - the last major market - Experiences are now live in more than 40 cities
• Hosts have earned roughly USD$5 million hosting experiences. This includes more than USD$500,000 in proceeds to hosts of Social Impact Experiences
• From Barcelona, to Paris, to Seattle, to Florence, to Los Angeles, some of Airbnb’s most popular Experience hosts are on track to earn more than USD$100,000 this year
• Since January 2017, Airbnb has seen a 12x rise in the number of guests taking Experiences each week
• Tens of thousands of people have applied to list Experiences and Airbnb currently has 3,000 available to book