Buzzflash: The War to Deceive America Into War
The War to Deceive America Into War -- And the War to Cover Up the Deception
A BUZZFLASH EDITORIAL
June 6, 2005
Before America went to war with Afghanistan, another war was underway -- against its own people: the war to deceive America into attacking Iraq. This is no longer a theory or conjecture; it is a documented fact.
Those in the Mainstream Media, including the New York Times and Washington Post, who choose to ignore this reality, or couch it in qualifying terms (such as "unproven assertions") are no longer trying to debunk a conspiracy, because the deliberate deception that forced America into war with Iraq is not a conspiracy theory.
In fact, the evidence is so abundant and damning, it is those who deny the reality that the Bush Administration intentionally deceived America into a ruinous war based on calculated lies who are part of an untenable conspiracy theory. Yes, the Mainstream Media is right up there with the Raelists (if you recall them, they were a cult the media covered for days because the press believed their unfounded claims that they had cloned a human) when it comes to believability. Their job appears to be to create a conspiracy of credibility around Bush going to war, where none can exist to a person of common sense or integrity.
Consider just some of the following established facts regarding the Bush administration's orchestrated propaganda campaign to deceive America into War:
1) A 2002 (Downing Street) memo is released in Britain in May of 2005 that documents that Blair thought that he had no choice but to go to war because the Bush administration said that it was "going to fix" intelligence to start one.
2) In early June of 2005, a British paper reveals that the U.S. and U.K. flew sorties over Iraq in 2002 to provoke Saddam Hussein and destroy his anti-aircraft infrastructure in preparation for the war. Congressman John Conyers calls this the smoking bullet in the smoking gun.
3) All the Bushevik warnings of WMDs are proven false -- all of them. Not a single WMD was found.
4) Dick Cheney lurked around the CIA prior to the Iraq War putting pressure on analysts to "fix" the data.
5) The analysts who came up with the false allegations that "aluminum tubes" were being used for nuclear enrichment story were promoted by the Bush Administration and given bonuses.
6) Richard Clarke says that Bush personally took him aside and told him to make the facts work for a war with Iraq.
7) Former Secretary of the Treasury O'Neill wrote in his memoirs that Bush was out to get Iraq from the moment he was sworn in.
8) The PNAC (Project for the New American Century) plea to invade Iraq was written in the late 90s, primarily by Bush Neo-cons who guided us into the war.
9) The Bush Administration outed Valerie Plame as a CIA operative specializing in -- ironically and tragically -- tracking the illicit sale and movement of Weapons of Mass Destruction because her courageous husband, Joe Wilson, exposed the Niger documents as a fraud. Thus, the Bush Administration put the national security at risk regarding WMDs to seek vengeance on someone for exposing their phony war based on a lie about WMDs.
10) This past weekend, it was revealed that John Bolton had a U.N. official fired for trying to seek a peaceful way out of the Iraq War, in regards to Iraq's compliance with chemical weapons accords.
11) After 9/11, Rumsfeld is quoted as saying that the U.S. would take Saddam and all of "them" out.
12) Advanced forces were sent into Iraq before the war had even started.
13) Rumsfeld set up a Pentagon psy-ops operation to create PR for going to war with Iraq. (He claimed to have closed it down, but he never did.)
14) The Chalabi-Judith Miller-Cheney axis of information was used to claim that created "factoids" were truths, when they were just propaganda. (The New York Times "apologized" for this, but made no changes in its coverage, including keeping Miller on and standing up for her, even though she published lies from a proxy Bush Administration anonymous source.)
15) The Bush Administration, according to various polls, conducted a successful misinformation campaign to make Americans believe that Saddam Hussein was partly responsible for 9/11 and that the hijackers were Iraqi.
We could go on and on, but it gets tiring after awhile. It's like recalling how many times a lover has betrayed you. What's the point? You've proved your case; the rest is just a masochistic exercise of listing. (And we're sure that some wingers will write to us saying we didn't get one or other of the points EXACTLY correct, as if it mattered whether the bullet that killed someone hit their right or left heart ventricle in order to prove who the murderer is.)
The odds that the Bush Administration didn't lie to the American people for more than a year about the coming war with Iraq are between 0 and -25, but the MSM technicality of the past two weeks has been caught up on covering the fine distinction between flushing vs. urinating on the Koran.
The purpose of the MSM, including the NYT and Washington Post, is to portray Bush in a way so as not to offend the White House. The truth doesn't factor into it, unless it accidentally is consistent with a Bushevik position. (Stories about Bushevik bad behavior are either buried in the papers or forgotten the next day, for the most part.)
There will be no process to bring this mendacious, fanatical administration to justice. The facts are there, but there is no way to impeach and convict the felons responsible. As the defenders of Nixon showed us this past week, felonies are okay for Republicans to commit. The people who expose the crimes are the traitors to these twisted GOP zealots.
And if the Busheviks were impeached and convicted (which won't happen because of a one-party Pinochet style of government), Bush's back up team on the federal bench would intervene and throw out the convictions or rule the impeachment process unConstitutional.
That's what happens when a creeping dictatorship comes to power -- and the Mainstream Media supports the liars because the liars give them tax breaks for their multi-billion dollar media and entertainment empires and allow them to expand their holdings. Not to mention the coup de grace of scaring off any journalist with integrity by staging intimidating stunts like "Rathergate" and "Koran Flushgate."
Truth is the first casualty of corporate media consolidation in alliance with an arrogant administration that has betrayed the nation. They are the conspiracy theorists who come up with fabulist explanations for avoiding the truth.
One doesn't have to even connect the dots. They have been connected for us. They even glow in the dark.
The Bush Administration lied America into war -- and the press of America not only won't acknowledge it, it still acts as if they can trust the White House.
So, America is betrayed twice: by the chronically lying Bush Administration and by the Mainstream Media and the right wing radio echo chamber for the GOP propaganda message points of the day.
An honest journalist writing the truth about the Bush Administration's betrayal of America knows this: they will only have a target painted on their backs for their efforts.
On the other hand, sing the propaganda of the Bushevik Brown Shirts and your career will not only be safe; it will probably flourish.
Also see: After Downing Street.org http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/
Sign the John Conyers Letter Requesting an Investigation of the Downing Street Memo http://www.johnconyers.com/