Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | News Video | Crime | Employers | Housing | Immigration | Legal | Local Govt. | Maori | Welfare | Unions | Youth | Search

 

Newshub Political Poll to Be Released Today

MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday 21 March, 2017

NEWSHUB POLITICAL POLL USING NEW METHODOLOGY AND “POWER RATING” FEATURE TO BE RELEASED TODAY

The results of its first Newshub-Reid Research poll of the year will be released from midday today - marking six months to go until the Election.

A new methodology has been developed that combines the use of both telephones and the internet to ensure the highest level of accuracy ahead of the Election on September 23.

And for the first time, the Newshub Power Rating feature will show how voters believe New Zealand’s two potential leaders, Bill English and Andrew Little are performing head-to-head.

“We have changed the way we poll to reach the most Kiwis,” said Political Editor Patrick Gower. “You can’t stand still when it comes to polling, it is too important.”

The poll will still sample 1000 people but the updated methodology sees 25% of respondents participating through an internet panel. The remaining 75% have been contacted via traditional landline telephone poll method. The poll will have the same margin of error of 3.1%.

“We are using the best mix of the new and the traditional that has worked well,” said Gower.

“We are using the internet to get to those harder-to-reach voters.”

The Power Rating feature is measured by respondents indicating how they think the two leaders are performing on a scale of ‘well’ or ‘poorly’ - with the net figure showing whether the leaders have a “positive” or “negative” rating.

“The Power Rating is a powerful piece of data that tells us who voters think is doing the best out of Bill English and Andrew Little,” said Gower.

The Power Rating is backed up by a data set that dates back until John Key took power which can be tracked to show how voters think leaders are performing over time.

Results will start to be released from 12pm today via Newshub and radio with further updates on Newshub Live at 4pm and Newshub Live at 6pm.

-ends-


© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Another Leader Exiting: Statement From Peter Dunne

I have concluded, based on recent polling, and other soundings I have been taking over the last few weeks, that, the volatility and uncertainty notwithstanding, there is now a mood amongst Ōhāriu voters for a change of MP, which is unlikely to alter...

“I have therefore decided that it is time for me to stand aside, so the people of Ōhāriu can elect a new electorate MP. More>>

 

Gordon Campbell: On Labour’s Campaign Launch

One of the key motifs of Ardern’s speech was her repeated use of the phrase – “Now, what?” Cleverly, that looks like being Labour’s response to National’s ‘steady as it goes’ warning against not putting the economic ‘gains’ at risk. More>>

ALSO:

Lyndon Hood: Social Welfare, Explained

Speaking as someone who has seen better times and nowadays mostly operates by being really annoying and humiliating to deal with, I have some fellow feeling with the current system, so I’ll take this chance to set a few things straight.. More>>

ALSO:

Deregistered: Independent Board Decision On Family First

The Board considers that Family First has a purpose to promote its own particular views about marriage and the traditional family that cannot be determined to be for the public benefit in a way previously accepted as charitable... More>>

ALSO:

Transport Policies: Nats' New $10.5bn Roads Of National Significance

National is committing to the next generation of Roads of National Significance, National Party Transport Spokesperson Simon Bridges says. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On Why Labour Isn’t Responsible For Barnaby Joyce

As a desperate Turnbull government tries to treat the Barnaby Joyce affair as a Pauline Hanson fever dream – blame it on the foreigners! We’re the victims of the dastardly New Zealand Labour Party! – our own government has chosen to further that narrative, and make itself an accomplice. More>>

ALSO:

Rail: Greens Back Tauranga – Hamilton – Auckland Service

The Green Party today announced that it will trial a passenger rail service between Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga starting in 2019, when it is in government. More>>

ALSO:

Housing: Voluntary Rental Warrant Of Fitness For Wellington

Wellington City Council is partnering with the University of Otago, Wellington, to launch a voluntary Rental Warrant of Fitness for minimum housing standards in Wellington, Mayor Justin Lester has announced. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

Featured InfoPages

Opening the Election