Wellington Bike Parking Success
BRONZ Media Release
4 August 2001
For immediate release
BRONZ Wellington is very pleased with Wellington City Council’s decision to “lie Report 4 on the table” indefinitely, with no further call for action.
We believe Report 4 was an untenable, unworkable idea which attempted to renege on existing arrangements and good faith that Wellington motorcyclists had worked hard to build up with the City Council.
BRONZ Wellington Inc. respects that Wellington City Council may always review parking policy – something they have every right to do – and we look forward to working alongside the Council in the future.
BRONZ Wellington Inc. wishes to extend many thanks to all the motorcyclists for showing their support on this issue, and of course to the councilors especially Councilor Bryan Pepperell for “proposing the document lie” and for their unanimous support.
The Bikers Rights Organisation of New Zealand (BRONZ) has existed for many years and supports the rights of motorcyclists.
Our aims are:
• To promote road safety through road user education.
• Education rather than legislation saves lives.
• To protect and promote the rights of the motorcyclist to decide his/her own future as a road user.
• Let those who ride decide.
• To promote and protect the general welfare of the motorcycling public.